HO-Gauge - Southern #3858 - Baldwin Modern 4-4-0 - DCC Sound
Because it was the most widely employed wheel arrangement in this country from the 1880s through the end of the steam era, the 4-4-0 became known as the “American.” The original ornate locomotives gave way to Americans with cleaner lines, such as these Baldwin “modern” models. Bachmann has taken the modern 4-4-0 to the next level with features such as an NMRA -compliant 8-pin decoder and Soundtraxx® Tsunami® sound technology that lets you enjoy every authentic whistle, bell, chuff, clang, and more in realistic high-quality 16-bit sound.
• DCC sound-equipped
• dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder with 8-pin plug
• cog V-belt drive
• die-cast boiler, chassis, and frame
• operating headlight
• finescale metal detail parts including separately applied bell, whistle, domes, and piping
• detailed backhead
• painted engineer and fireman figures
• RP25 wheel contours
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers on front and rear
This model performs best on 15" radius curves or greater.
5 in stock